As this recipe only takes ten minutes, there's no reason not to make it!
Mussels steamed in white wine, minced shallots and garlic, butter, chives, and italian parsley. Served with grilled sourdough (and the remainder of the wine, of course).
Mussels in White Wine
40 mussels (20 mussels per person)
1 cup dry white wine
1 shallot, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
6 tbs butter, cut into eighths
Chives, minced, to taste
Italian parsley, minced, to taste
1. In a large covered wok, melt the butter.
2. Saute the shallot and garlic until fragrant, about two minutes.
3. Add the wine. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add the mussels, parsley, and chives. Stir and cover.
5. Cook until mussels are opened, about five minutes.
6. Divide mussels and pour remaining sauce over the top.
7 Serve with grilled sourdough for dipping.