The CMH has been working hard for the past month on nibblers. Our friends are getting married...After their daytime wedding and reception, they'll be having a nighttime "come one, come all". As such, they asked us to help out with some things for people to munch on.
I've been trying to create hors d'oeuvres that are easy, portable, and incorporate flavors from the couples honeymoon destination (the Med). This idea turns one of the couple's favorite nighttime snacks, artichoke dip, into a party-friendly-no double-dipping-wedding-appropriate eat.
makes about 25
Cup Ingredients and Instructions:
1 package phyllo, thawed
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease mini-muffin cups.
2. Wet a clean kitchen towel. Ring it out so it is just damp. Fold in half and place near your workspace. Remove phyllo from package. Place sheets between the towel halves.
3. Remove a sheet and place it on a cutting board.
4. With a brush, drip some of the butter across the phyllo sheet. Working gently, spread the butter out until most of the sheet, especially the edges, has been lightly coated.
5. Place a new phyllo sheet on top. Repeat steps until there are 7 sheets stacked. Do not butter the final sheet.
6. Smooth your hand over the sheets, lightly pressing them together.
7. With a pizza roller, cut the phyllo into squares (about four fingers wide).
8. Press the squares into the muffin cups and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the tins.
Filling Ingredients and Instructions:
15 oz can of artichoke hearts
2 cloves garlic
2 tbs Italian parsley
1 tbs fresh oregano
1 tbs chives
6 scallions, tender white and light green parts only
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except for the cheese. Blend until smooth.
2. Add cheese. Pulse until just incorporated.
3. Spoon or pipe filling into prepared phyllo cups.
4. Bake in a 350 F oven for 10-15 minutes, allowing the filling to get lightly browned at the edges.
5. Remove and serve.
Warning: These were so good that the two of us (mainly the blonde one) finished all 25 cups in less than 7 minutes.