This recipe is for two and takes about 20 minutes with prep time included.
Green-Lipped Mussel Pasta
Handful of whole wheat spaghetti
16 green-lipped mussels, scrubbed
small yellow onion, diced
five cloves garlic, diced
4 tbs unsalted butter
3/4 cup white wine
Fresh or dried Thai basil (regular basil will work just fine...we just prefer the freshness of Thai)
1. Bring water to a boil and drop pasta in. Cook until done.
2. While pasta is cooking, bring a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the butter and melt.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
4. Add the wine to the onion mixture. Bring to a soft boil.
5. Add the mussels to the onion mixture. Cover. Cook five minutes or until done.
6. Drain pasta and place on plates.
7. Stir basil into the mussels. Spoon mussels and sauce over pasta and serve.