To me, there is no nut more splendid than the cashew nut. Growing up, I don't recall a single Christmas where my father didn't get a few pounds of roasted, salted cashew nuts. My little hands would grab as many as I could, shove them in my mouth and munch away. Like father, like daughter. As I got older, and my hands got bigger, my father had to fight for his cashews.
I recently joined him on a fishing trip. He came prepared with plenty of cashews and we often munched away in silence, enjoying a simple snack while sharing a fishing bond. Back at work I find myself day dreaming about the river, the woods, watching my fly drift and my father's reminders to "mend". While I may not be able to fish, I can certainly snack.
1 lb raw cashews
3 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs curry powder
1 tsp salt
1. Heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes, or until browned.
3. Remove nuts and drain on a paper towel.
4. Put salt and curry powder into a large bowl and mix together.
5. Add cashews. Place plastic wrap or a towel over the top of the bowl and shake well to coat. Enjoy!